I need your help!
I am doing a project for my entrepreneurial studies class about a hypothetical start-up small business, in my case a climbing gym.
I want to know what YOU would put in a gym if you had unlimited resources. What would make it more amazing than your current gym?
- Min 50’ walls - preferably higher.
- Top-out bouldering area w/ good mix of features + a well protected highball wall.
- IFSC certified speed wall (15 meter) with 2 lanes and an official timing system (Twin Dolphin or similar).
- Training room w/ multiple system, campus, and finger boards.
- Dedicated areas for both kids (i.e. bday parties) and instructional classes.
- Natural features (crack, chimney, off-width, tuffas).
- Lots and lots of large volumes for euro, world-cup style setting.
- A station w/ a few auto-belays for people to do laps on.
- Open early (6am) so people can come in before going to work.
Honestly, these are all table stakes for me (except for maybe the naturals) but I’m continually amazed at how many gyms don’t even manage to provide the basics.
The only gym I’ve been to that’s gotten this right is Stone Summit in Atlanta.